Scott Builders Inc. specializes in total construction services, offering a single point of contact for every phase of a project. Established in 1971, Scott Builders stands among the leading Design/Build Contractors in Canada. The success in our organization has been driven by our people. We provide an excellent work environment with substantial opportunity for individual growth. We are currently recruiting for the position in our Red Deer Corporate office of HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST.
The Human Resources Generalist primary responsibility is to administer and implement human resources programs and policies including talent acquisition and retention, employee relations, and any HR initiatives. This position operates with very minimal supervision and requires a high level of independent decision making. The position is located in Red Deer. Some travel will be required.
- Build strategic relationships with our senior executive team to understand their priorities and deliver Human Resources solutions and services that align with Scott Builders policies & procedures and comply with Federal and Provincial employment laws & standards;
- Provide coaching and support to Managers on issues such as: performance management, conflict resolution, employee retention, engagement and terminations;
- Lead the full cycle recruiting process, ensuring the hiring process complies with Scott Builders standards, best practices and Employment Standards which includes:
- Job Postings
- Review, sort and shortlist resumes received;
- Perform prescreen calls and reference checks for potential candidates and provide further recommendations to hiring managers;
- Create proper New Hire documents for presentation to the potential new hire;
- Coordinate the onboarding and orientation of new employees with the branches;
- Conduct exit and interviews to identify areas for improvement in retention and engagement;
- Manage terminations as appropriate, escalate as required, produce documentation and work with the branch managers to support their objectives;
- Remain up-to-date on existing and forthcoming legislation to determine HR impact on the Organization;
- Participate in and conduct regular salary market analysis on compensation;
- Participate in Human Resources Associations as required to maintain professional standards;
- Attend relevant workshops, seminars and conferences and apply learning to workplaceSome travel required to branches located in Alberta.
- Provide general administrative duties such as: creation of employee files, job descriptions, assignment letters, termination letters and filing;
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- CPHR designation or working towards.
- Degree or Diploma in Human Resources field
- 3-5 Year’s experience in a similar role
- Experience with commercial construction would be an asset
Send resume, in confidence, to email@example.com
Thank you in advance to those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
POSITION MAY BE LOCATED IN RED DEER, EDMONTON OR CALGARY FOR THE RIGHT PERSON.
BACK TO CAREERS