Field Operations Manager
Branch General Manager
The Site Superintendent is directly responsible and accountable for the construction execution including best scheduling, highest quality product and safest sites. To work as a team with the Project Manager and field staff to ensure client satisfaction and maximize profitability in all activities.
Position Specific Competencies:
- Positive attitude
- Interpersonal Relationship
- Results oriented
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (include but are not limited to):
- Assist in the pursuit of new project opportunities
- Provide proactive leadership in construction procedures
- Developing and ensure compliance with the quality control plan
- Timely scheduling, co-ordination and effective cost control, as they pertain to labor equipment and project materials
- Resolve potential problems, work interferences or schedule difficulties while assisting in circumventing/resolving such conflicts; anticipate and resolve project issues and schedule difficulties.
- Mentor/coach/supervise superintendents
- Involved in key, large base building projects
- Responsible for supervising a moderate size workforce which includes hourly staff
- Responsible for developing strong field teams including apprentices and field staff in conjunction with the field operations manager.
- Preconstruction and project start up
- Work closely with Project Manager to review scope of work, provide construction schedule
- Establish and review proper and cost effective construction procedures and monitor
- Provide consistent and timely on-site inspections
- Be responsible and accountable for project budget
- Complete project paperwork quickly and accurately
- Record and forward extra work over and above original project scope
- Attend, execute and complete punch lists, deficiencies, and warranty items
- Demobilization of site
- Responsible for safety on site
- Ensure safety program is being adhered to, complete required paperwork
- Live our values
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
- Pride in teamwork
- Strong organizational skills and work efficiently
- Ability to solve problems quickly and accurately
- Support the timely completion of projects
- High standard work ethic
- Able to ensure a high level of safety standard on site
- Red seal journeyman
- 10+ years’ progressive construction experience at a large general contractor.
- In-depth knowledge of the construction industry and company operations specifically construction specifications, building materials, methods and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and applicable software
- Ability to lead and assess trade performance on the job
- Can visualize and create the project schedules critical path
- Ability to schedule, monitor and forecast resources for optimum efficiency
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those you will encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, you will occasionally be exposed to or encounter:
- Outside weather
- Office environment
- Field personnel
- All levels of management
We invite you to apply online or to submit your resume in confidence by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 403-346-5650, Attn: Human Resources. BACK TO CAREERS