Field Operations Manager
To be a Scott Builders representative on site, to supervise and coordinate all on site day-to-day activities including but not limited to schedules, trades and safety in a professional manner. You will work closely with your project manager to ensure that projects are completed safely, on time, on budget, according to contract, specifications, drawings and scope of work.
We are looking for an individual who has the ability to professionally and efficiently handle and administer multiple tasks as a leader and a team member, with excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in the commercial/light industrial construction market.
- Ability to manage others and all faucets of a construction project assuming responsibility.
- Recognizes constructability issues, ability to embed solutions to maintain schedule.
- Ability to lead teams onsite (staff, trades, etc.). Must be able to mentor and train.
- QA/QC knowledge, ensuring meet standards.
- Experience and understanding of the design/build process.
- Experience with pre-engineered metal buildings.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, MS Project, Outlook).
- Experience in Estimating.
- Professional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to use PM software and Microsoft regularly and efficiently.
- Strong knowledge in safety, procedures, legislation.
- Experience in Institutional, Seniors Housing, Big Box Store, Civil Construction an asset.
- Tech Diploma, Gold Seal an asset.
- Training/Safety Certificates an asset.
Journeyman or Red Seal Carpenter Ticket. A post secondary certificate or degree in the construction field is an asset, but not a requirement.
We invite you to apply online or to submit your resume in confidence by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 403-346-5650, Attn: Human Resources.